Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Cracking the Code

The kids are full of words now days and the real challenge is to figure out what they are saying. Sometimes I have to ask them over and over again before I can decode what word they just said or I'll have them take me to show me what they are talking about. Cameron grabs my finger, pulls me up and takes me into the kitchen to show me what she wants to snack on.

Here are few examples of words they say that sound the same

Bubble and apple..."bubble" vs "babble"...I can usually tell which they mean when we're in the bathroom and/or kitchen but it's not as easy when we're playing outside trying to figure out if they want an apple snack or play with their bubbles.

Up and help..."up" vs "elp"...Cameron was saying help the other day when I thought she was saying up and was getting very frustrated that I kept lifting her into her high chair instead of helping her with snapping the straps.

poo poo and peekaboo..."popo" vs "pepo"...many of times I've checked their diaper when I hear poo poo only to find out they were just playing peekaboo with me!

applesauce and octopus....it's funny to see an octopus in a book and they point to it and say "applesauce". Here is a video of their new favorite word.

No comments: