Sunday, May 30, 2010

Adjustment Period

It's been a little over a month now and I think the kids have finally adjusted to their new beds. It's amazing how long it takes for babies/toddlers to transition to a new change. They really loved their beds from day one and now play in their room a lot more, taking toys and sitting in their beds playing. But night time was a little different and it took some adjusting. I think they needed time for get used to their new found freedom and for us to learn how to set new boundaries.

After a few weeks of sleeping half on half off the bed, rolling out of bed and waking up disoriented (I walked in one night and Cameron was standing in the middle of the room), I think they are finally getting good a nights sleep....woo hoo!

And naps are going much better too. Most days I have to wake them up after 3 hours!!

Don't get me wrong...some nights it's like a big slumber party after we put them to bed. We can hear them running, laughing, rocking in the chair...but somehow they always seem to find their way to their beds and fall asleep. They are sacked out when we check on them before head to bed. Sleep tight my little ones!

No comments: