Thursday, May 20, 2010

Nothing is Baby Proofable Anymore

Quietly playing kids are not always a good thing! Twice this past week I've had quietly playing kids but upon further investigation...total disaster. I only have pictures of the second mess...the first one was when they got into my tube of Blistex, thinking it was lotion, and has smeared it all over themselves, the walls, the bed and floor while I was trying to get their dinner ready. I kinda went into panic mode because I didn't know if the Blistex would burn their eyes so I scooped them up immediately and dropped them in the tub...no time for pictures.

The second was just a few days later just after nap. I had heard them up but Timo now knows how to open door, so they typically come out once they are good and awake. I was texting Young and fully expected to see them any minute. A little time had passed, I was wrapped up in my conversation with Young and then he asked it the kids were up. I thought to myself, "oh yeah, they are...wonder why they aren't coming out...and why is it so quiet..." This is what found when I opened their door!
I'm guessing Cameron held the bike and Timo climbed up to the top of the shelf and grabbed the lotion. And the funny thing is Cameron kept putting lotion on Timo's face and he kept saying "no more lotion Cameron, no more lotion on face" as he was squeezing it out as fast as he could. But he was so proud to show me he had opened it all by himself!

It's funny, I think our house is totally baby-proofed...just put everything up high. But now, with them getting so tall, their arm reach is higher and their climbing skills, is it really possible to baby proof anything anymore????

1 comment:

Sharona said...

hahaha! I love this!! And yeah, what can you do?? Locks everywhere?? A keychain attached to your belt loop for them to steal while you're sleeping?