Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Great Grandma Cameron's House!

Going to my Grandma Cameron's house is always a must when I'm home visiting. I make my request of chicken and dumplin's and cornbread way ahead of my visit just in case she forgot they were my favorite. And as usual, Grandma didn't disappoint! She put on quite a spread for, I think, 18 people!! Did I mention that she is 86 years old??!! Yes, she cooked the whole meal by herself and wouldn't let anyone help her clean up either...she said she could do the dishes after everyone was gone, she just wanted to sit down and visit with us while we were there...I love her!! This picture isn't even all the food...there was more on the counter and more tables set up on her back porch.
And it just warmed my heart that the kids gobbled up 2 helpings of the dumplins just like their mama...
After lunch Cameron relaxed on her Great Grandma's front porch with Grandpa for a little swing.
It was so hot outside that we staying inside most of the time. Grandma, like most grandmas, has lots of little trinkets and knick knacks around. I was so terrified that the kids would break something but Grandma was VERY firm with me that the kids could play with anything they wanted. Love her!! I was sad when we had to leave, I never get enough time with my Grandma. The kids wanted to give kisses too and Cameron go a little upset she had to share Grandma with her brother...
Grandma, when is your next train trip out west...we miss you already!!

No comments: