Sunday, June 27, 2010

We're Home!

We have made it back to SF safe and sound, praise the Lord. We had such a great time back east and I'm not even really sure where to start blogging. I just uploaded over 500 pictures and probably have that many stories, if not more. So I guess the best place to begin is the beginning...

Our last time on an airplane, almost a year ago, was a bit of a nightmare, so I was a little nervous going into this flight. I wanted to make sure I had all the bells and whistles to keep the kids entertained for a full 8 hours of traveling. Turns out, all we really needed was lots of juice with straws and Young's IPad. We drank our way through the airports and flights and played with the DoodleBuddy app on the computer.

We did manage to get Cameron to take a nap but Timo was way too excited to be on an airplane to sleep!


And traveling was so much easier this time around with extra pairs of hands! They loved pulling the suitcases. I packed their backpacks for the trip, which I ended up carrying most of the time, but I think it's time to get the kids their own rolling backpacks for the next trip!

Needless to say, we arrived safe and sound and all in all it was relatively uneventful. We spent the next day adjusting to the heat and settling in, catching up with Granny and Grandpa!

No comments: