Monday, September 16, 2013

Backpacks and Reading

I'm was a little behind on the whole backpack thing for the 1st day of school but they finally came in and I think our teachers were more happy than the kids! Their other packs were from pre-k and a little small but I thought they were still usable....but Kindergarten is a whole different ball game. There are books, folders, and art work coming home almost every day. Their teachers kept asking for larger bags for them so I went online to order some quality one that would last the next few years.  I was late to the game so most of the packs were on back order.  But they arrived last week and we love them!
I was leaving from voluntering in the library and happen to catch the classes going to lunch...so cute!
I'm impressed with how quickly the kids are putting their words together and learning how to read.  Timo is reading one of his favs, one of the Piggy and Elephant books.  The words are simple, big and the story is fun.


reading from Sara ko on Vimeo.

No comments: