Monday, January 27, 2014

Holiday Spirit

December was full of getting in the Holiday Spirit. It was also party planning for me...several events I was in charge of pulling together, starting with our church Volunteer Appreciation Dinner. My dad flew in to help with the food as well as helping decorate our house.  With school activites, Young working and all the events I as overseeing, Daddy was a HUGE help in getting our home ready for Christmas.  As you can see, the kids were his best assistants.
We added lots more ornaments to our tree again this at 13 Annual Ornament party.  Again, in in the rush, I needed help pulling it all together and my eager assistants were more than willing to help...for a little extra Christmas candy payment!  We had a wonderful time seeing all our friends and judging the amazing ornaments they brought.  I think at some point we might need to make it just a Christmas Party...we have 6 boxes overflowing with all the ornaments from the past years.
The month was also full of activities for the children, of course.  We have our Advent Calender that has a different activity a day...simple like make an ornament, baking cookies for our teachers, making hot chocolate, reading new Christmas books, etc.  I don't know who loves the holiday spirit making more...me or the kids!  I'm just thankful I have children so I don't look so silly doing and the fun things by myself!

No comments: