Friday, November 16, 2007

What's In a Name?

So I don't think we have yet explained how we came up with Timothy and Cameron for our little ones. Well, Timothy as many of you may know was one of Paul's companion and fellow servant of the Gospel. When Sara and I were trying to have a baby the first time around, we were on a plane together. While on the plane, we came across the following passage in Philippians 2:19 "I want to be encouraged by news about you. So I hope the Lord Jesus will soon let me send Timothy to you." I was very certain at that moment, that the Lord would bless us with a boy. Oh, and the name Timothy means "one who honors God."

The origins of Cameron on the other hand was rather 'worldly' in comparison. Sara had always wanted to name her child after her (yes, I know, quite the self-absorbed). We had discussed the name quite a bit because another name that we had considered was Yoomie, but we finally agreed to Cameron. And if you are wondering what that name means, it means "crooked nose" - lovely. Oh, and it's Scottish.



We're still waiting on my parents to come up with Korean middle names. So stay tuned...

2 comments:

Sharona said...

hahahaha! Tell us how you REALLY feel, Young. I love both names that you chose and I can wait to meet my little niece and nephew!! And by the way--I guarantee fifteen years from now Cameron's going to be thanking her lucky stars she's not getting called "Yoomie," or jokingly referred to as "Yummy" or "Zoomie." ;)

Anonymous said...

I love those names!!!