Thursday, February 7, 2008

Fetal Hiccups

One of the more adorable aspects of the babies is when they get hiccups. My doctor says it's from swallowing the amniotic fluid as a result of them practicing breathing. Each baby gets the hiccups about 3 times a day...so a total of about six episodes of hiccups in my belly. It's very cute to see my belly bounce up and down in a rhythmic pattern. The larger the kids get the stronger the hiccups are...so after about 3 minuets of cuteness I try to move around the scare them and try to stop their little hiccups.

On another note, some of our good friends, Bobby and Gwen Evans, had their new baby girl today. She is 4 weeks early but doing well, as is mom. She came into the world at 1pm weighing 5lbs 4oz. Praise the Lord! But I can't believe she had her baby before we had ours!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there! Its cousin Dave. Your mom told me about the good news. Congratulations!

Sharona said...

wooo hoooo for baby hiccups! man...if I'm ever around when they happen, you HAVE to let me see it.