Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Identity Crisis

Believe it or not, this is my first official week as a stay home mom. We decided last week that it would be best for our family if I stayed home with the babies and did not return to work. This was a VERY hard decision for me. When I left work six months ago I had every intention of returning this month. And I was fully committed to returning up until about two weeks ago. But the kids just started changing so much in the past few weeks, it's like they came alive!

I won't go through all the reasons Young and I went through to make this decision, let's just say my knees are sore from prayin'! The decision was just kinda made for us, praise God. So we are trusting that the Lord will provide for us...b/c living in San Francisco ain't cheap!

And I won't go into the identity crisis I went through last week, the crisis is over and I'm accepting the fact I'll be "one of those moms" sitting in the park each day chasing our kids around, talking about potty training and how our husbands just can't quite get their socks in the hamper...hum, good times...

I'm now focusing on the positives...like seeing the smile on Timothy's face when I wake him up form a nap or being there when Cameron rolls over for the first time. No racing to get the kids fed, dressed and ready for daycare or having a babysitter call in sick. I'm feeling blessed to be able to focus all my attention on our children.
Yeah Mommy!

4 comments:

Lisa Y said...

I absolutely, positively, 100% believe that you are doing the right thing. I am so proud of you that you decided to be an awesome mommy and focus on your kids :) Now you are a fabulous daughter, sister, friend, pastry chef AND MOM! Yeah Sara...

Anonymous said...

Sara,
You won't regret it for one moment.
I've been there, and I can't tell
you the blessings you'll receive
from being there for Cameron and
Timothy. It's the hardest, most
demanding job in the world --- but
it's also the most rewarding! Try
to enjoy each new stage and phase
because before you know it, you'll
be in my shoes with both of them
getting married in a three week
period and you're left wondering
where the time has gone!! We so
enjoyed visiting with your mom and
dad last weekend, and can't wait to
meet your family when you're here
next week.
Love and best wishes always,
Wayne and Brenda Beavers

Matt and Lauren said...

I agree with all the above comments. Being a stay at home mommy is wonderful and so rewarding. You get to raise them into the kind of people you believe God wants them to be. You also get to be there for all their firsts, all their successes and all their tears. I think it is the best job a woman could ever have!! And just think, when they get older you can bake with them!!! Enjoy your new job as mommy!!!

Abs said...

I'm just getting through all your past posts slowly as Emmaline sleeps. I get a year off but have to go back to work in February when Emmaline is one. I am so thankful that in Canada you get a year paid leave, but sad that I'll have to go back because living in Toronto isn't cheap either.

Abby