Friday, December 18, 2009

Precious Moments



Last Saturday, our church put on a play called the Best Christmas Pageant Ever. We took the kids to go watch the play. The house was packed and we sat in the last row. We assumed that the kids would get restless anyway; the play started at 6:30, pretty close to the kids' night night time.

If you don't know about the play or have never seen it, you should. It's a great story about these riffraff family of kids that ends up understanding the true meaning of Christmas. Besides the storyline, everyone in the play did an amazing job.

No sooner than the play started did Timo get restless. Sara had to take him out into the hallway and placate him. But Cameron was mesmerized by the play and was such a beautiful little girl. I tried pointing out to her all of the different action that was happening on stage trying to keep her engaged. I can't remember the last time she ever stayed so quietly and calmly for an hour.

I just sat there enjoying the play, but even more so, the company of my little girl sitting on my lap who was being a wonderful angel. I couldn't help being overwhelmed with joy and thanksgiving; one of the most precious moments I can remember.

No comments: