Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Catching Up and Tahoe Day 1

As you can tell, I'm behind on my blogging with so much going on around the Ko home front. I'll try to update my post soon but just to let you know a little of what has been going on...We voted a new pastor in at our church (priase the Lord!), Young's parents are here visiting for a month (can you say babysitters?), we took a little trip to Tahoe (relaxing, no blogging)and I've been working none stop on decorating the kids bedroom (lots of photo hanging and arts and crafts).

Since Tahoe is so fresh in my memory, I'll start with our vacation photos. We were able to enjoy a long holiday weekend of beautiful summer weather at Lake Tahoe. The drive is about 4 hours so we broke up the trip with a little pit stop in Sacramento at one of my fav restaurants...Chick-Fil-A!
Did I mention I love the kids meals here b/c they put a book in it instead of some dinky, plastic toy! Anyway, we took a nice long lunch eating and playing in the indoor play area (it was a cool 95 degrees outside so an indoor play area was a must!)
The kids did well sleeping in the car around the curvy mountains and we made it to the cabin safe and sound, thanks to Daddy! In record time, we unloaded, changed into our swim suits and headed to the beach area of the lake to soak up the afternoon sun.
Digging holes was the big thing this year...the bigger the better! The kids would bring sand and water to fill the hole as fast as we could dig them...


Since Young's parents were with us and we were expecting our good friends, Yang and Mason, to join us the next day, all the bedrooms were taken at the cabin...so that left the kids to sleep on a palet on the floor! I don't know why I was so happy for them to sleep on a plaet...I guess b/c I have great memories of my brother and I sleeping/playing on blankets on the floor while on vacations. The kids did great and I think they enjoyed as much as I had hoped they would.

No comments: