Saturday, April 14, 2012

Swimming

As some might remember, we go back east to see family in NC/OH for a much of the summer to enjoy family, hot weather and lots of open space to run around. One of the favorite activities of the summer is swimming. But, while they love the water, they really don't know how to swim and I feel like it really limits all our water fun activities. So I decided to bite the bullet and sign them up for swimming classes in hopes that they would at least feel comfortable sticking their head under water by the time we got to NC. (Cameron can't even stand a little water dripping in her face when we wash her hair!) We have several friends that take swim classes at La Petite Baleen so I thought I would give it a try. Little did I know Cameron would take to the water like a little fish! She is completely obsessed with her swim class so much that she told me she didn't want to do gymnastics anymore...just swimming, everyday, all day long! Wow! Timo enjoys playing in the water but you can tell Cameron really pushes herself to be better and better.

The first class was a little touchy, as you can imagine, but they warmed up quickly as soon as I left and they could focus on their teacher, Mr. Dan. I think Cameron is in love with Mr. Dan. Yes, as in love as a four year old can be. It's been three weeks so far and that's all she talks about.


No comments: