Thursday, April 5, 2012

T-Ball!

We officially have a baseball player in the family...or rather, a t-ball player! Timo has been begging to play on a baseball team for well over a year now, ever since he saw his 7 year old friend, Jonathan, in a baseball uniform playing little league. He then realized baseball wasn't just for grown ups....his whole world opened up!

Technically t-ball is for children in kindergarten, or 5 years old, but when I heard his school was gathering a team, I wrote the parent/coach and did a little begging myself. I told him I had a baseball obsessed little 4 year old who would love to play on the team. I even told him Timo didn't technically have to be on the team, but asked if he could just come to the practices. The response I got back was if they had an open spot then he could be on the team. I wanted it so badly for him and was estatic when I got the word that he could play!!

Here he is at his first practice...look at his face, you can see his pure joy. Coach Rudi talking to them about being a team!
And they actually teach them how to play baseball! For some reason I thought it would just be a free for all for the kids. But nope...Here the coach is teaching them how to hold the ball (using bunny ears) and practicing throwing it.
And learning how to hold the bat...and run the bases in order (a challenge for some of the kids)

We've had a few practices...and all three of their games have been rained out! No rain all winter and now, that baseball has started, it rains three Saturdays in a row. He doesn't really know he hasn't had an official game yet, he's just loving playing baseball!!


No comments: