Monday, September 22, 2014

Finishing Up Summer Vacation Time

We got back from out impromptu trip and settled in for a few mellow days, catching up with Daddy time and trying our hand at creating scenes we saw at Legoland.
The summer relaxing didn't last long...the warm sunny weather of Palo Alto was calling so we gathered our friends and headed down for a few swim days.  (It doesn't hurt that there is a Chick Fil A in the area too)We LOVE the pool in Palo Alto.  It's vevirtually a kids paradise there.  The whole pool is only 3ft deep, lots of water sprayers, slides, big spaces for torpedo diving and the hot sun to warm up a tired boy who has been swimming all day.
We tested out our roller skates and skate board at the park one day...I think Timo is ready for a big kid skate board and Cameron is ready for rubber wheeled roller skates!
My friend Ana told me about this great skate park up north where the kids can ride scooters till 1pm so we had to check it out.  It was AWESOME!!  They both were very cautious starting out but eventually worked up the courage to do the big drops and jumps.  I was so proud of them. This park is on our "go-to" list now of exciting things to do.
Timo loves to sweat...he loves to look like his Daddy, all covered in sweat.  So he asked me to take a picture of him before we left and send it to Daddy.
Oh, yeah, right, we heard there was a Chick Fil A about 10mins from the skate park...so we just had to go.  We ran into some friends from church there too, so I don't feel like the only one who drives 30mins outside the city for some CFA!
The last day of summer vacation, swimming in Palo Alto...but this actually was one town over, Menlo Park because the PA pool was closed that day.
The Saturday before school started again we took the kids to the Giants game for Fellowship Day! The best part of Fellowship Day is going onto the field after for the concert and hearing the testimonies of the players.  Listening to these big league players giving God the glory was exactly what I want my kids to hear.  It was just amazing to be dancing to Natalie Grant, worshiping with hundreds of others in the middle of ATT Park.  The kids loved it.
I gotta say Ryan Vogelsong testimony was so moving.  All were really great but Voge's really touched my heart with his story and message.
Oh, and Young and I fit in our 10 year Anniversary somewhere in there.  Things were kinda crazy during those weeks, but we still managed to slip out and have a little Anniversary lunch date!
One more sleep and it was time to start school again!  I think the kids had a fun packed summer.  I find myself constantly thinking back to my childhood, trying to remember all the fun things my parents did with us over the summers.  Aside from working the garden at 7am and having to shuck corn and shell bean for hours, I'd say my kids are right on par with me as a 6 year old...which is important considering I grew up in the country and Timo and Cameron are city kids.

No comments: