Thursday, September 18, 2014

San Diego Day 3-Legoland

We couldn't really plan a trip to San Diego without going to Legoland.  I had originally wanted Sea World instead but since we didn't have Young with us, we didn't want him to miss out on that experience. Plus, having been to Legoland, I knew what to expect which would give me the edge going at is solo with the monkeys.  But even with my experience, nothing prepared me for being in a theme park at full capacity in the middle of August with two excited kids. I think the word exhausted doesn't do it justice.
As soon as we walked in the park the kids were at 100% excitement level.  They were grabbing the map, running around the all the Lego figures, asking me to take their pictures, one going one way and one wanting to go the other way.
My saving grace for the day was the Hirzel family!  Since they were in SD for the week too, we had planned to tackle Legoland together and it was so helpful to have an extra pair of eyes and hands. We rendezvoused at the Dino digging area...let the kids dig bones for a while while we looked at the map and go our master plan together.  Being August, the park was packed!  No really, packed!  We got there an hour after it opened and there was already an hour wait for most rides.  We tried to figure out how to make the most of the day without waiting in lines all day.
We did find a few rides with shorter lines or that the line moved fast.
But after a few rides we realized it was past lunch time.  Not sure how Doug drew the short straw while the moms and grandmas got to have a peaceful lunch, ha, ha, ha!
Cameron chose to use her souvenir money on face painting, as usual.  And she really wanted to ride the horse ride.  This was when it was great to have Jen with us...she waited in line with Matthew and Cameron so I could take Timo over to the open Lego play area.  I did get to see Cameron as she rode by jousting!
And just like that, before we knew it, the day was over.  The Hirzel left a little early because their little ones were spent.  We spent the remaining time looking at the Star Wars Lego area...well, the kids spent an hour there, I sat on a bench and rested my tired feet!  Once again, I didn't plan on closing the park down, but somehow it was 8pm in a flash.  We didn't get to ride the fast roller coaster that Cameron wanted to ride but luckily we had a two day pass.  We headed back to the Bryants to rest up for day 2!

No comments: