Thursday, April 10, 2008

A Day In the Life

My friend Lisa put a entry on her blog ..."a day in the life." She went through her day hour by hour so see how busy she is as a teacher. So, I thought I would try to pin my day down as well. I have no idea where my day goes...the day goes by and I can't think of what I accomplished except moving from the crib to diaper changing station to boppy pillow back to crib. So let's see how it plays out. Since my day doesn't really have a beginning and end, I'll just start with when Young goes to work.
(please note all times and activities are subject to change depending on the moods of the kids!)

7am: Young leaves, Timothy is restless from his 6am feed and won't go back to sleep...I get up to entertain him.
8am: still entertaining/trying to put Timothy to sleep so I can get some more sleep or eat some breakfast.
9am: Cameron wakes for the 9am feeding and Timothy wakes from his cat nap, right on time (he never sleeps through a feeding).
10am: Feeding, changing, dressing is done, time for mommy play time...this is the time of the day when the kids are most responsive. Lot's lovin', kisses ans hugs.
11am: Cameron is sleepy, goes down for a nap. Timothy gets a little one-on-one time with mommy.
12pm: Lunch time, Cameron wakes up like clock work, Timothy is screaming by this point...feeding time.
1pm: Timothy is passed out for an afternoon nap. Cameron gets a little one-on-one time with mommy...but doesn't last long...she is down for a nap by 2pm
2pm: Sara time...a load of laundry, wash bottles, check email/post on blog and a toss up between shower, nap or eating...it varies from day to day.
3pm: Get bottles ready, kids wake up, feeding time.
4pm: Activity time...bouncy seat, tummy mats, reading or maybe an afternoon stroll if the weather is nice.
5pm: Hopefully both are sleeping and I can start dinner. Also get mise en place ready for bathing kids when they wake.
6pm: Daddy comes home! Bath Time! Bathing and change for bed, lots of crying and then feeding time. One-on-one time with Daddy, I finish dinner.
7pm: Young and I eat dinner while the kids watch in their bouncy seats.
8pm: Family time, lots of lovin'. I try to go to bed around 8:30/9pm
9pm: Feeding time (Young) and bed time for the kids. I help out if the kids are being difficult.
12am: Feeding time! Back to bed 1am.
3am: Feeding time! Back to bed 4am.
6am: Sleeping while Young does feeding...but usually have to get up b/c Timothy doesn't like to go back to sleep.
7am: Young leaves, Timothy is restless from his 6am feed and won't go back to sleep...I get up to entertain him.


Here are the kids bouncing while we eat dinner and Young getting the kids dressed after bath time.

No comments: