Friday, September 26, 2008

New Bath Seats!


I decided to give the bath seats a try last night for bath time. The kids are getting long and their feet press up on the end of the baby tub, they arch and it's getting difficult to bath them in the smaller tub. And I was thinking two in the tub at once, that's gotta save some time instead of bathing one, dressing them and then bathing the other. Well, not so much. While the kids loved being the big tub and having a lot more toys to play with...I'm not sure sure they are ready. They kept sliding down in the seats and getting caught under the bars. They sit straight up in the seats so it was hard to lean their heads back to wash their hair, water kept getting in their eyes. And it's hard to move them around in the seats to clean all their nooks and crannies. Not to mention I had to put more toys in the tub for them to reach so there was a much bigger clean up. Oh, and I still had the bigger problem of having to leave one in the tub while I got the other dried, diapered and dressed. I didn't really like leaving one in tub alone, unattended.

So I think we'll go back to the baby tub tonight. I might skip the seats altogether and just move them up to the big tub in a few months when they can move around better...they're just so slippery when they are wet, I don't want them slipping all over the tub. I'll keep you posted...

1 comment:

Kevin, Angie, Kenzie & and; Kaylee Cameron said...

Hey sis, don't give up after just one night!! You might find a better routine to get into, esp since they like the bigger space and all..Plus, w/ the bigger seats, they'll develope their muscles and they will sit up better over time...Also, one of those shower massagers on the hose works great for the kids, you can just tip the head back and use the hose to wash them off w/. Good luck and talk to you soon..Kevin