Monday, September 15, 2008

Update...

Sorry we haven't had a post in a while...a nasty cold has spread through the family, sparing me...so far. Timothy was the first to get sick and it seemed to get worse as each person caught it. Young got it next and missed a few days of work and now Cameron has it...I think she got it the worst. Last night she could hardly sleep b/c she was so congested and couldn't breath. We had the humidifier going, had her elevated and sucked out her nose about 100 times trying to open up her air ways. Poor baby girl. We slept with her in our bed last night (first time) b/c she was having a hard time.

It's so sad seeing the kids sick, just breaks my heart, but I'm learning a lot about being a parent. I've really felt like a mommy this past week...just holding them while they didn't feel good and knowing what they need for comfort. I can see some of their individual personalities come out too. Timothy, like me, kinda took it in stride and kept going. Cameron, like Young, really needs to be babied when she is sick, she had to be held constantly.

So all that to say there hasn't been much activity going on at the Ko house nor has anyone felt very photogenic. There's been a lot of singing, lap holding and yes, a little TV for the kids. (Cabin fever set in yesterday and I broke down and let them watch a little just to distract them. Some show I found that was just puppies playing. The kids loved it and we had total silence in the house for about 5 minutes!) I probably won't get much up this week either, Young is out of town all week. I hope to get a 7mo update done, so stay tuned for that.

1 comment:

Matt and Lauren said...

I am so sorry that you guys have been so sick. I hope everyone gets well soon!