Saturday, November 29, 2008

Black Friday

We're such bad parents...we woke the kids up at 5:30am on Friday to head out shopping!! My family used to go out every year the day after Thanksgiving, so it's tradition I had growing up. I haven't been able to do it for the past 10 some years b/c I always had to work. Not this year!! I made sure we were out among the crowds, lost in the hustle and exchanging elbow punches with the best of them. We got the kids up and headed to Target for their 6am opening. We got there 30min after they opened the everything we wanted was already gone!! Can you believe it? I've never seen Target that crowded. Then we went from there to Sears around 7am and hit more crowds. Craziness. The day wasn't a total bust, we got some good deals at Sears and Macy's. We were home by 11am...everyone ready for a nap.

We all relaxed for the rest of the day and then bundled the kids up to go out to Ghirardelli Square for the lighting of the Christmas tree. Normally Young and I go downtown to Union Square for the really big tree lighting but we figured it might be way too hard to maneuver the double stroller though thousands of people. Ghirardelli was nice and the kids enjoyed seeing their first Christmas tree. The kids had another first...hot dogs and french fries! We stopped and had dinner at a 50s diner but I didn't pack any food for them. So they got tiny bits of hot dogs and smashed up french fries...yummy!!


No comments: