Thursday, November 20, 2008

Update on Timothy

Thank you all for your prayers. Timothy is doing much better and we managed to escape a hospital stay. As I mentioned before, Timothy has bronciolities...as result of the RSV virus. He has been really sick for about 7 days now but seems to doing much better as of today. Our doctor wanted to admit him to the hospital earlier in the week because of high temperature, wheezing and low oxygen in his blood. But Young was out of town and I felt like I had no one really that could watch Cameron for me. So Young caught the next flight home and we were able to monitor him at home overnight. Our doctor also wanted someone else to watch/entertain Cameron so I could give Timothy my full attention, watching for any signs of difficult breathing. We saw the doctor again yesterday and he was showing signs of improvement. Praise God!!

So now Cameron has it...UGH! We took her along with us for Timothy's visit so our doctor could check her out and yes, she has the RSV virus too. I tried so hard to keep her from getting sick but it was impossible. I would put them on opposite ends of the room to play but just end up right next to each other every time. Let's hope Cameron doesn't have as severe case as Timothy. She hasn't started a fever yet and still seems in good spirits, just a lot of coughing.

The bright side is they should both be doing much better by Thanksgiving!! Thank you again for all your prayers!!!

1 comment:

The Kapics said...

Yikes - I'm scared of RSV. I'm glad you're making it through!