Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My Own Words...

The more and more the kids learn to talk, communicate and interact with each other, the more I hear my own words coming out of their little mouths...sometimes good, sometimes not so good. Here are a few examples...

-Both kids were in the bathtub and Cameron broke a hard fast rule we have of no throwing toys out of the tub. After she hurled a quirt toy across the bathroom floor Timo pointed his little finger at her and said "Don't throw...time out!"

-Timo was reaching for a crayon under the coffee table, bonked his head and started to cry. As I was coming around the corner to console him I saw Cameron patting him on the head saying "Mimo, don't cry...it be OK"

-We were strolling back home from the park yesterday and Cameron was whining/asking for her Daddy..."Where go Daddy, see Daddy?" Timo turned in the stroller to face her and said "Carmon, Daddy work"...and she quieted down and ate her snack.

-I was cooking dinner one night and Timo started playing with the knobs on the stove...the knobs are child proof but still a major no, no in our house. Before I could discipline Timo, Cameron grabbed his hand and yelled "Mimo, Don't touch! Hot!"

-Timo was playing with the sidewalk chalk while Cameron was pushing her dump truck today when Timo decided he wanted Cameron to come draw with him. He came over and asked me for another piece of chalk, walked over to Cameron and handed her the chalk saying "Sister draw, here chalk." She took the chalk but kept playing with the truck. Timo got very frustrated and yelled "Sister! Draw! Here! Now!" as he pointed to the sidewalk. It work...she came running over and they happily colored up our sidewalk.


I could go on and on...I'm so happy the kids have each other. They may not always use the exact words I would like them to use (we're working on it) but at least they are getting guidance and comfort from each other. I almost feel like I have an extra pair of hands and eyes now...almost...

1 comment:

Rona said...

SHARONA! HERE! NOW! I can still hear it now...it's too much awesomeness!