Sunday, July 6, 2008

Good Friends


We had a nice relaxing July 4th weekend. Young and I stayed home and just vegged for the whole weekend...recovering from our trip and his work travel. We did dress the kids in their July 4th outfits my mom sent them, but it's was a cool, foggy 55 degrees here so I had to add some layers to them. (It's so hard to get them smiling...they are all smiles until they see the camera...then they are mesmerized)

Since I don't really have any stories of our holiday I'll post some more pictures of our trip. I got to catch up with some of my high school friends while in NC. My friend Leigh Anne, now married and living in New Bern,NC, grew up in Green Level as well. Her family moved there when we were about 8 or 9years old. We grew up together, went to school and ran track together, were members of the same church, youth group, etc...pretty much did everything together. She always has great words of encouragement and solid Godly advice for me. It was great to see her and catch up over breakfast at the Waffle House!

After breakfast we headed down to Wilmington to see my BFF Lisa Yemma. Lisa and I have known each other since the 7th grade, she made me laugh and the rest was history. We too ran track together and were on the same 400m relay team that broke the school record, ha! She has visited me wherever I have moved and I've done the same with her. She even put a dress on to be one of my bridesmaids!! She is a science teacher and has lived in Denver for the longest time but now is headed to Burma to teach for two years. Wow! This was my last chance to see her before she left. Since she is spending the summer at her parents house in Wilmington we drove down to hang out for the day. I was impressed by how great she was with the kids considering how she feels about babies.

No comments: