Thursday, July 3, 2008

Grandma Cameron's house


The Saturday we were on vacation we went to Grandma Cameron's house for a heapin' of chicken n dumplin's. Grandma is 84 years old and still going strong. She cooked a huge meal for about 15 people. We had collards, corn, okra, back eyed peas, corn bread, sweet tea, blueberry cobbler, peach cake, and more. Grandma was so excited to see the twins and was full of advice for me on how to feed, sleep, play with them...as if nothing has changed since she raised my dad. She thought swaddling them was the craziest thing she had ever seen. Babies need to be free to move their arms and legs! Don't hold their bottles for them, prop them up so they learn to hold them...and I won't even go into the concoction she told me I should be feeding them. Too funny. But we had a great visit and Grandma enjoyed having all her great grand children with her(picture above).

I also got her recipe for chicken and dumplings...a sifter full of AP flour, handful of self rising flour, enough chicken liquid to mix, roll and drop in liquid, stir. Use only fresh chicken...frozen chicken will give you brown on the bone meat! Ah, I love my Grandma.

No comments: