Saturday, March 21, 2009

First Words and more...

Timothy said his first word last week, ball, and I kept trying to get it on video but he clams up when he sees the camera. Then a day later he said "duck" and then it was "book" and this morning it was "trash". The words are coming so fast now I figured I better document it and not wait for video. He seems to pick up words easily now, most of the time not really knowing what he is saying, just repeating what we just said. And I'm sure if you heard the words you wouldn't know what he is saying...words only a mother could understand. Thank you comes out as "tu tu" but I know what he means...

It seems Cameron is putting all her energy toward walking and Timothy is putting his energy into communicating. Cameron is taking more and more steps every day and doesn't seem to want to crawl much anymore. She holds onto anything she can find to walk her way around a room or down the hallway...even holding the wall. And she is understanding more and more. I can say "it's story time" and she goes right over the the books and starts pulling them out. And the both know what breakfast, lunch and dinner mean...they head straight into the kitchen. This is such an amazing time for me as a mother! It seems they do something new everyday, so exciting!!

1 comment:

Sharona said...

Why are my babies so amazing?? I can't believe how fast it's all happened!!