Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Love Afair With Dora

Dora the Explorer has invaded our house! After watching just one episode on Sharona's laptop, Timo has become, for a lack of a better word, obsessed. One episode led to two episodes which led to me checking a few Dora DVDs out of the library because my little boy just got so much joy in watching the show. Now we have an addict on our hand. Every minute of every day Timo walks around asking "Dora?", "watch Dora?" So now we've had to limit him to watching just one episode a day (30min)...which has been really hard because of all the rain, we've spent a lot of time inside. I'm hoping as the weather clears and we get out more and more, he'll lose interest.

I'm really not sure what it is about the show other than the lovable Dora and her sidekick monkey, Boots..."monkey Boots" as Timo calls him. The show covers numbers, colors, Spanish words and always solving a problem. Both the kids love the backpack and map song they sing so they are learning that way too, I guess. But I just can't figure out why Timo has fallen madly in love with her. Sharona took pictures of Timo watching his favorite little explorer. Just look at the love on his face!
"Yeah! Dora on! There go Dora."

"Wow, monkey Boots over snowy mountain, Mommy look!"

Show is over..."Where go Dora? Where go Dora?"

I just hope he doesn't find out you can buy the talking backpack! I'm not sure I want my son walking around with a purple/pinkish talking backpack...

1 comment:

Rona said...

HAHAHAHA! Oh, you captured it perfectly...'where go Dora?' 'watch Dora?' Looks like Timo's got his first girlfriend!