Saturday, January 9, 2010

Strong Willed

Cameron, so I'm told, is very much like her mommy in that she has a mighty strong will. When she gets it in her mind to do something, not much will stop her from following through. We have really learned the art of compromise and picking battles with our little girl. She gets very attached to things and has a hard time giving them up...such as changing her clothes, she has melt downs when we take off her shirt, crying "shirt, shirt" and trying to put it back on. Or when she finds some new thing to utilize...point in case, last Saturday night....

While I was making the kid's dinner, Cameron was rummaging through the top kitchen drawers which she can now reach. She pulled out the salad tongs and figured out how to pull them apart. She was so happy to have a "poon and pork (fork)". It was time to eat and I tried to get the tongs out of her hands but she was insistent on eating with the giant fork. I tried holding her food back until she gave them to me, taking her down from her seat, trading her the tongs for a Mommy fork (adult fork) and even promising a cookie after dinner. No such luck. So I decided to just let her see for herself that she couldn't eat with the giant fork. Boy did she prove me wrong! She sat there and ate almost her whole bowl of Korean noodles with the big plastic salad tong fork.

It's times like these I want to tell her "don't let anyone tell you that you can't do something...follow your dreams..." but I don't want that to come back and bit me in the back side one day...

No comments: