Sunday, January 23, 2011

I Did It Myself!

The big thing with Cameron right now is doing everything all by herself. I have to start getting ready 30 min before we need to leave because she has to button every button, snap every snap, put on and take off every piece of clothing and of course, putting her shoes and socks on all by herself. It can be a little frustrating when we're trying to get something done quick but then there are time when I'm so proud of her for doing it all by herself, no matter how long it took her.

One area she still needs help is going potty. She is almost fully potty trained except at night but I still need to be there to help with the full routine of going potty...or so I thought. I had an early morning appointment this day so I jumped in the shower before Cameron had had her morning trip to the potty. Sometimes it takes a while before she needs to pee pee and I didn't have much time to wait around. While I was in the shower, she came busting in, grinning ear to ear, shouting "I did it all by myself!" I looked down and say her pj pants on wrong side out and couldn't figure out what just happened. "I potty all by myself!" Uh oh, I thought, I can't imagine what I'm going to find when I got out of the shower. Much to my surprise, I found this...
And when I went to her room, I found this...

She had pulled the frog potty out of the corner (we don't use it much anymore so it's just been sitting in the corner waiting to be taken to the basement), taken her pants off, taken off her night time diaper, sat on the potty, gone to her room and picked out a pair of underware and put her pj pants back on (albeit wrong side out)all by herself! What a big girl!! She was so proud of herself and I was so proud of her too.

But it makes me kinda sad...my little baby is needing me less and less...she is growing up...sniff sniff!

And of course, Timo couldn't handle his sister getting all the attention..he had to have his picture taken too...but we won't talk about his potty training skills...let's just say he has a few good days and a lot of unmotivated days...but he'll get it soon, I hope...

1 comment:

Sharona said...

hahaha! I love their victory arms next to the potty! hahahahahaha! And that's amazing of Cameron to do all that on her own! * sniff sniff *