Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Pirate Dinner Adventure!

Young had to work one of the day we were on vacation so I took the kids and walked around Downtown Disney to look at all the GIANT Christmas Trees.
I treated the kids to a Build A Bear experience...a first for all of us. I won't go into all that is involved in picking out your bear (animal), stuffing, washing, naming and picking out an outfit...let's just say it was all very overwhelming for the kids. After an hour of being shuffled all around the store, trying to make decisions we weren't sure of, we left with just our frogs...no names, no clothes but the kids were so happy with their frogs! Leave it up to my kids to choose frogs over all the dozens of bears! Here is Timo and Cameron stuffing and washing their frogs...

It was super crowded in Downtown Disney and a little difficult keeping up with both kids in the crowd...so I don't have any other pictures from our morning...but I can tell you it was a fun outing and just a taste of what it's was going to be like at Disney the next day.

After Young go finished with work we took the kids to a special dinner...The Pirate Dinner Adventure! I was taking a risk with this one, it's a dinner and a show lasting 1 1/2 hours...the kids have never sat still that long unless they were sleeping. But I know they both love pirates and thought they might really enjoy the show. So after talking to a lot of people about it, making sure it was suited for kids and not scary, we decided to make the plunge and go for it. We got there a little late but still got good seats...we sat down to enjoy the show and I was so excited...
Turns out, I was half right...Timo LOVED it, Cameron was so scared, I sat with her in the lobby the whole time and missed the show...bummer. Oh well, at least our waiter was super nice and brought us our dinner and dessert to enjoy in the lobby. Cameron and I ended up having some very special time together, just the two of us, so it ended up being fun for me too.

Meanwhile, Timo and Daddy were really enjoying the show. This is my favorite picture...Timo swearing to be a good pirate! The look on his face is so honest and true...he really will be a good pirate!
Timo had so much energy after the show, jumping all around and he just had to have a sword. Daddy got them each a foam sword under the condition they would lose it if they hit with it. Timo was just fine raising his high in the air and shouting "Arrr Matey!" What a good pirate he is!

No comments: