Friday, October 5, 2012

Baking with Cameron

Young took Timo out on a boys day out while Cameron and I stayed home to bake!  I can't think of anything much more fun than baking with my children.  And typically, when I bake, I like to bake about four different things at a time.  Baking one thing at a time doesn't seem like a very good use of my time.  So this day we were making creme brulee, pumpkin bread, banana muffins and coconut raspberry macaroons.  Don't worry, it wasn't all for us...their school was having a ladies tea that I was donating dessert for. 
Cameron inherited my love of cooking!  Timo likes to cook too but I think his is more about making a mess and eating the end product and is very impatient.  But Cameron seems to grasp the art of cooking...the enjoyment of each step it take to create something that looks good and tastes yummy.

I must confess, I was taking this picture of her putting the pumpkin bread in the oven and she burned herself.  I asked her to look at me and smile, she lost track of her hand and touched the oven rack.  I know, I know...such a bad mom!  What was I thinking???  But it wasn't that bad, just a tiny spot...she recovered like a trooper but of course had to lecture me a little on why we have to be care when the oven door is open.
 And she even did her part to help clean up...love this part the most!
Our finished products!  She was so proud of everything we made.  Everything tasted as yummy as it looks.
I had to drop off the cookies to the tea party and then I took my little sous chef out for a fun dinner at Pasta Pomodoro...a well deserved treat!  I'm already thinking of all the holiday baking we're going to do together...

No comments: