Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy 6th Birthday Timothy & Cameron!

What??  Six years old today??  How can that be??  You two seem to delight in breaking the #1 in our house...NO GROWING UP ALLOWED!  As hard as I try to wrap you up in blankets and cradle you my lap, it's becoming impossible to ignore you two are growing by leaps and bounds.  Mommy and Daddy feel so blessed to be your parents and couldn't be more proud of the big boy and big girl you are becoming. Here are few short notes on what a blessing you are to this world...

As I sit to write this year's letter, I struggle with how to put the little boy that is Timothy Ko into words.  My heart leaps when you tell me I'm your BFF or when I see you light up and yell "Mommy!" when you see me at school or when quietly at night, you ask me to lay with you in your bed to help you not be afraid of the dark. I hope you will always be a mama's boy:) In some ways you are just a typically little 6 year old boy,  full of energy, always a potty word at the ready and easily finding success at most anything you try.  But in others ways I can see complex inner battle going on inside your spirit.  You long to be much older than you are, will accept nothing but perfection in everything that you do and struggle with, as you put it, "doing what I don't want to do and not doing what I should do."  It really hurts your heart that your name is frequently on the board at school but you just don't know how to control your little active 6 year old self.  But that's part of growing up and I wouldn't have you any other way.  You are growing up and becoming such a spitting image of your Daddy.  Whether it's dressing "handsome" just like him or laboring over a decision making sure you make the right one, I can see so much of your Daddy in you.  And just like your Daddy, I know the Lord has dentin you for greatness.  Just a few months ago the Lord confirmed this in my heart when you asking me "how can you believe in the Holy Spirit if we can't see it?"  Right then I knew the Lord was going to reveal Himself to you in a mighty way and use you to change people's lives.  You amaze us with the creation you make with your hands your ability to build anything.  I love your silliness, I love your smile, and I love your gentle spirit.  I love that you wear your emotions on your sleeve, I love your passion for even the littlest things in life and I love experiencing this world through your shinning eyes.

My dearest Cameron, my little mini-me, my amazing 6 year old daughter, how do I even to describe you in just a few short sentences? I'll start by saying you absolutely love every single day of life and live life to the fullest.  We rarely hear a negative word from your mouth and can count on you to show us the bright side of every down situation.  Your Daddy is your knight in shinning armor, your Mommy is your rock and your brother is your best friend. You have your own style, your own mind and your own ideas of how the world works.  You seem completely un-phased by the social expectation around you and hold steadfast to your own beliefs.  Those of us in your small but carefully selected circle of friends get the joy of hearing your reason and logic when making sense of your reality.  And while your bother prides himself with knowing all the rules, you pride yourself with all the grey areas around the rules and mastering the art of compromise. With a dinosaur in one hand and a microscope in the other, you are ready to conquer the scientific world.  You are so smart and so articulate with your emotions, sometimes I forget you are only six years old.  And your determination and rare gift to observe and learn from your own and other's mistakes will carry you far on whatever path you choose.  But please know that it's OK to make mistakes along the way and be wrong some of the time.  It's all part of growing up.  I pray you increase your humility to balance out your confidence.  And I pray that your love of singing grows more and more over the years, that the Lord will use that gift to bring Him glory.  I pray you continue to be your own person and go down that road less traveled.  And I pray you always run up to me and say "Mommy, I just need some snuggle time with you."  I could go on and on about your helpfulness, your lovely southern accent, learning Chinese or your obsession to run like a cheetah, but unfortunately, there isn't enough time or space.  You are beautiful just the way you are Cameron, inside and out, so please change and don't grow up too fast...stay my little punpkin for as long as you can.

1 comment:

LindaGK said...

love love love these letters to Timo and Cameron! They are truly blessed to have such great parents as you, Sara and Young!! brought tears to my eyes/my soul.