Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Bumps & Bruises

Poor Timo took a couple of bad falls while out enjoying the fall weather in Ohio. We did a lot of running up and down the sidewalks in front of Harmy's house which doesn't bode well for toddlers who lose their balance easily. One splat down and Timo smacked his face against the sidewalk, scraping his nose. Just a little blood with this one...Exhibit A...

A few days later, the day we were leaving, he took another fall while playing in the backyard. He was trying to a big boy and climb the back steps without holding on to anything our anyone...just one big step up.(his new thing) He got to the third step and lost his balance, did a 360 and landed on the bottom concrete step...or so I was told. I had just gotten out of the shower when I heard this blood curdling screaming. He rescratched his nose and did damage to his face. More blood with this one...Exhibit B...

The next morning when we got him out of bed his face looked like this...Exhibit C...

Believe it our not, it looked even worse the next day. Everyone asks "what happened to him?" One of our friends has now nicknamed him "Scarface"! We had a doctor's apt yesterday and our pediatrician just said "looks like someone took a nasty fall". I guess she is used to seeing these kinds of bumps and bruises...and so are we.

1 comment:

Mira said...

A gets bruises all over her legs I dont' even know when or how but I'm always a little bit worried that the Dr will ask me exactly what I'm doing to her...