Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Easter Day Pt. 1

Our Easter morning was not ideal, to say the least...I was running a 100+ fever and Timo and Cameron were just starting the beginning stages of their colds. But thanks to Young, I have a special memory forever ingrained in my heart of him reading the Easter Story to the twins, while I was feeling miserable laying in bed, and hearing them all shout "Hallelujah! He is Risen!" Indeed, Our Lord conquered death and rose again to give us life! Praise God!!

Since I went to bed at 6:30 the night before (my amazing husband fed, bath and put the kids to bed all by himself), I didn't get a chance to put Easter baskets together. I woke up a little early that morning and got to work, though not feeling very well at all. Luckily the twins are 3 and thought everything was amazing!

The big item for Cameron was her Bambi...she adores the movie and just loves her Bambi stuffed animal. She also really liked her bunny slippers until she slipped on the kitchen floor with them on and banged her head pretty bad...she hasn't worn them since....bummer

The big item for Timo wasn't his Thumper, like I thought...it was the $1 watch I got for him. He is always putting on Cameron's bracelets and calling them his watch. So I saw this Pooh watch at the Dollar Store and thought he would like it...he LOVED it!


Needless to say, the kids and I didn't make it to church. Although they had no outward signs of being sick, Timo had just had a fever the afternoon before and Cameron was starting to get a pretty snotty nose. It's amazing how when little kids are sick they can still have high energy levels! The cold was hitting me the hardest and the kids weren't sure how to act having Mommy laying down so much! I don't think I've been sick, really sick, since before I had the twins, so they haven't really seen Mommy down and out before. I was sad that we didn't all get to dress up in our Easter finest and have our grand Easter lunch. Young represented our family at church this Easter and we were all there in spirit...

No comments: