Thursday, May 5, 2011

Easter Day Pt. 2

I feel somewhat like a impostor making this post because it's all about the fun Young and the twins had on Easter day...while I was laid up sick at home. But because of his busy schedule, I know he doesn't have time to post it...so I do it for him.

Young came home from church on Easter and said he would take the kids out to lunch to give me a little quiet time to rest/sleep. And maybe, if they were doing well, take them to a park or neighborhood to walk around, trying to give me as much time to rest as possible. The week earlier I had read about an Easter parade going on on Union St and told him to maybe go check it out. Well, it was a lot more than just a parade...it was a whole Easter Festival, complete with rides, games, parade, Easter Bunny and so much more. They left at 12:30 and didn't come home until 5pm!!! Timo and Cameron came home shouting about all they had done and seen with Daddy!!

They started out at Pasta Pomodoro, the kids favorite restaurant, and enjoy some pasta and ice cream. I think this was Young's first time taking them to a restaurant by himself...very impressive!

Then off to the Festival. I don't have a lot of commentary to say about all the picture, I wasn't there to really know what was going on, but I do know it all looked like so much fun!! Here are a sampling of the 100+ pictures/video he took (a man after my own heart).


Easter Fair 2011 from Sara ko on Vimeo.


Untitled from Sara ko on Vimeo.

Apparently the rocking boat was a little too scary for Timo. It was the first thing he told me when he came home..."Mommy, the rocky boat was too scary...I was scared. But Cameron wasn't!" Cameron chimed in, "Mommy, I not scared of the rocky boat, it was fun!" I think this picture best describes their ride...Cameron smiling and Timo with a horrified look on his face, holding on for dear life.
Games and balloon swords and hats! Young said he had to tear Timo away from this water shooting game...after letting him play it four times.
And after all the excitement of the day, Daddy treated them to a cupcake snack! What an awesome daddy Timo and Cameron have...what an amazing husband I have!

When the twins were babies and I was feeling completely overwhelmed, I remember someone telling me "Daddies aren't so good at the newborn thing, but they are really great at the kid thing." It's so true! I think Timo and Cameron would agree, Daddy is pretty terrific at the kid thing...

No comments: