Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend

I think I'm finally getting use to this whole Mother's Day thing. It was my fourth, and by far, best Mother's Day yet. The first few, for many uncontrollable reasons, weren't the best...but this year more than made up for them. I'm so blessed to have an amazing husband and two equally amazing children.
My Mother's Day weekend started Saturday morning with a gift...a new Kindle! Young wanted me to have a chance to play with my new toy and knew our Sunday was gonna be super busy. I love it! I'm not much of a reader because I never have time but wanted it to load a few books on, so that when I did get a few minutes to myself, I would have several books waiting. Yay!

Then I headed off for a wonderful manicure pedicure...to get ready for a gala dinner we had that evening. I had 90mins of total quiet pampering and relaxation. And I guess the kids haven't ever seen me with painted nails or toes because they went crazy! "mommy, what's on your nails? What's wrong with your toes? Did you paint them?"...on and on all afternoon! And it didn't stop there... apparently they haven't seen me in a dress either (I'm not the dress wearing type). They had a field day! "mommy, is that princess dress? What are you wearing? Is that a twirling dancing dress?" And then came putting on makeup...completely memorized. I think it might have been the second time in the past three years I put on makeup. Cameron couldn't get over it..."Mommy, why do you have pink on your lips?" All this hoopla over the fundraising gala dinner we were invited to for a school that uses on of the buildings that our church owns. The school board invited the leadership team from church and we were lucky enough to be able to attend. It was an really fun evening of being with friends, dinner and dancing!

On Sunday morning, Mother's Day, Timo woke up crying hysterically from a bad dream. It took a while of snuggling to calm him down...a perfect way to start my day...I love the snuggles!
Young made yummy french toast for breakfast and then off to church for flowers and baby dedication. I always get teary eyed on baby dedication, thinking of my two when they were that tiny. The kids also made up Mother's Day bookmarks in Sunday School and I'm guessing were well scripted for how to give it to their Mommy...Cameron ran up to me with her bookmark and shouted "Happy Mudder's Day Mommy!"
After lunch we headed out for lunch at Luna Park and walking the streets in the Mission district. This particular Sunday they had closed several streets in that neighborhood so people could ride bikes, tricycles, walk, roller blade...whatever they wanted. Timo and Cameron are fascinated by bikes right now and there were plenty for them to "oh" and "ah" over. Timo kept saying "when I'm a big boy I can ride a bike too!"


I finished the afternoon with a wonderful 2 hour nap...the kids too! And since Young was in charge of cooking dinner...we head out for dinner...Korean. The perfect ending to a perfect weekend! I have to say, the best and most special part of my day was hearing Young explain the importance of Mother's Day to Timothy and Cameron. I so wish I had gotten it on video, but it's one of those moments I will cherish in my heart forever...Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there. I hope your day was full of smiles, kisses and much thankfulness!

1 comment:

Sharona said...

What a wonderful weekend! I would've given anything to hear them exclaiming over your makeup and dress!