Thursday, July 14, 2011

Myrtle Beach Vacation...

We planned a big family vacation while in NC and decided on a "camping" trip to Myrtle Beach. My brother's family and my parents...as well as my cousins from FL who joined us for a few days. My parents drove their RV down and we rented a cottage within the campground as well. Growing up, my family only took camping vacations...tent camping...and we camped Myrtle often. It brought back such memories as we pulled into the same campground I grew up in and saw and the same sights I did as a kid...I was so excited to share it all with the kids. Timo was just excited to go to the beach
The drive down was really nice, the kids rode with my parents so Young and I could drive down alone...so nice to have several hours of uninterrupted conversation! We practically raced down so we could drive around, have lunch and enjoy a little time before everyone else arrived.
Once we got down and all set up, we headed out for dinner for some yummy seafood! The place we chose was PACKED! There was a long wait for a table but thank goodness the restaurant anticipated that and had lots of activities for the little ones. Granny, Kenzie, and Kenzie all got "tattoos" while Timo and Cameron gave high-5's to the pirate!

There was also a hula hoop section with a live dj playing music. I think Timo was getting the hang of it! You can see my nieces in the back doing a good job too...Kenzie in the black t-shirt and Kaylee in the pink stripes.

Untitled from Sara ko on Vimeo.

Little did I know, but part of the reason our wait was sooo long was a little surprise for me...some dear friends of mine from NC were joining us for dinner, Bill and Kaye Grissiom! I was actually named after Kaye (Sara Kaye) and they had been planing on coming down and joining us, without my knowledge, for a few months. It was so nice to see them and catch up! Thanks for making the trip down Kaye and Bill!!
We all got back, got the camper and cottage set up and went to bed that night to ready for our first full day at the beach the next day! Stay tuned...

No comments: