Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Working Day

I am a stay home mom but do work at our church one day a week, volunteering in the office answering phones, run the social media and basically whatever else the staff needs done. Most days are pretty busy and I really enjoy my 6 hours a week of social/adult interaction....and using that "other side" of my brain.

A few weeks ago the children had a school holiday one my work day at the church. Normally I would have missed that week of work and stayed home with the kids but this particular week I actually had lots of work to do and things to catch up on. So what's a "working mom" to do when your kids have a day off...I took them to work with me! I started off by hitting the children's rooms at church to find crayons and markers and printed out tons of coloring pages for them. Combine that with a big cardboard box that they disassembled and you have a full days work!
I don't think our pastor has ever seen the office so full and busy! I'm so grateful everyone was patient with them! But at a certain point they got a little restless and we had to resort to the DVD player...Veggie Tales! A little lunch break and back to work! It had it's stressful moments (trying to talk on the phone just when they needed to potty) but I'm sure if you ask the kids, they had the best day ever!

No comments: