Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Day Before School Putt-Putt

I wanted to make the most of our last day before school started.  I took a poll of options for the kids and it was a unanimous decision (both kids actually agreed on the same thing!)  We hit the putt-putt course in sunny, warm San Rafael. Timo LOVES golf.  He has a little golf kit at home and plays with it all the time.  I guess practice makes perfect because he hit a hole in one on one of the holes!
Cameron has this bad habit of hitting then running and picking up the ball, putting it closer to the hole and then hitting it in...guess whatever works for making the game go by faster.
Timo helping Cameron line her ball up, he thinks he is such the expert.
But it was hot there.  The only downside to putt-putt is it takes along time to play all 18 holes.  (most holes are a par 5 or 6 for us) So around 12:30, Cameron was getting hot.  As we moved from hole to hole, she would move from shady spot to shady spot.
A little picnic lunch and the kids were done with hot weather.  (you can tell we have SF kids)  We had a great summer, enjoying lazy mornings, doing random mid-day activities, multiple picnics and just spending time together.  I have to say, I think after a whole summer together, my son was getting a little tired of me infringing on his independence.  I feel like Timo and I were constantly nit-picking each other and needed a break.  He was acting out for attention and I was apparently giving him the wrong kind of attention.  But I'm happy to report, since school has started, he has calmed down greatly and I can't wait to see them when I pick them up.  Guess absence does make the heart grow fonder!

No comments: