Saturday, September 1, 2012

Time Away

A few weeks ago I was able to take a long overdue trip to Southern California to see one of my best friends, Mindy. She is the mother of a 2 year old in the mist of the terrible twos and was in much need of a break.  Our husband graciously agreed to us going away for a night to a spa resort in So Cal for a little time away. It. Was. Heaven.

I took the short flight to San Diego, Mindy picked me up and off we drove to the Laguna Hills Spa and Resort.  Our room wasn't ready when we arrived so we lounged on the deck, eating lunch and then relaxed in the spa.  It was so nice just not being on a schedule and not have little hands tugging at our sleeves.
We didn't even leave the hotel!  Breakfast, lunch and dinner at the restaurant and dessert on the deck outside.  Did we really order three desserts for just two people??  Yup, we did.
I feel like we talked all weekend, nonstop.  It was such an encouraging time for us both, just to be able to talk and listen to each other.  Mindy was such a blessing in so many ways, I can't wait to see her again...let's just hope it's not two years again.
Meanwhile, back in SF, Daddy was taking good care of the kiddos.  They had a birthday party to go to that weekend.  Along with all the other activities, there was face painting.  Our little superhero girl was Spiderman!
They kids got to take their first canoe ride, which apparently, they loved!  I kinda hate I missed that experience but I guess some special things need to be reserved for the Daddy.
And in true Daddy fashion, a trip to Best Buy is his kind of fun...and the kids too.  Best Buy is Timo's new favorite store, he asked to go there at least two or three times a week.  I wonder why??
I'm so thankful to Young for suggesting I get away.  I really believe that, as well as a break for Mommy, it's good for the kids to have a break from me.  As much fun as we have together, I think they get tired of hearing my voice all the time...it's good just to hear Daddy's voice sometimes.

No comments: