Thursday, May 30, 2013

5 Year Pictures

We had our 5 year family pictures made back in March and we chose Land's End as our backdrop.  I like doing the family pictures around the kid's birthday so I can remember how old they where.  Our pastor's wife, Rachel, is an amazing photographer and has a gift of getting the kids to smile!  Sorry if it's too many pictures...I had over 250 to choose from...but here are a few of my favorites.
I wanted to bring the kid's security items to have them holding something so precious to them.  Cameron had her Dinkie...
And Timo had his Papi. Poor Papi landed on the ground a few times but it was worth it for some cute shots.
Timo found this little nook in the woods and asked Mrs. Rachel if she would take their picture in it...too cute.
I had talked to Rachel ahead of time about an idea to do 5 year pictures for the kids.  I had seen this on Pintrest and really wanted to try it.  She knew exactly how to do it and what the backdrop needed to look like, all I had to do was bring the props and change of clothes.  I LOVE how they turned out!!   I had a hard time narrowing down their likes at age five because they are all over the place, but according to Timo "Mommy, those are all the things I love!"  I guess I got them all right. Cameron was especially excited that Mrs. Rachel got her cape to fly!

Rachel took a few fun candid shots of the kids, which I tend to like more than posed pictures.  I think candid shows their real personalities...as you can see in the picture on the right.  A huge thank you to Rachel for her time and energy for our family, such a blessing to us!!

No comments: