Tuesday, January 15, 2008

God speaking

I thought I would post something a little spiritual, just something I feel God has laid on my heart in regards to our children. Being their spiritual leaders. I'm reading the book of Hosea right now...which I highly recommend anyone reading or rereading if you haven't read it in a while. It's an awesome example of God's love for us. Anyway, I was at the part where the Lord was speaking to people of Israel, Hosea 4:6 "my people are destroyed from lack of knowledge". God is charging the priest for leading the people astray. Priest were the spiritual leaders of the time and this struck me b/c Young and I will be the our children's spiritual leaders. I don't want them lead astray b/c of lack of knowledge. I know they will have Sunday school teachers, youth group leaders, pastors and other guidance in their life, but we will be the first spiritual leaders they know. They will learn how to love one another by watching us. My prayer is that the Lord will give us wisdom and guidance so our children will know Him by knowing us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so awesome Sara! This gives me encouragement for future kids, someday... It is such a responsibility but such a privilege from what I can imagine. And your twins are so blessed to have you and Young as their future spiritual leaders- I can't wait to see how they grow in every domain!