Monday, June 29, 2009

Remembering Our Friend

This past Saturday our good friend and pastor passed away from a long fight with diabetes. Phil was not only a pastor and friend but our counselor, confidant and most of all, a true lover of the Lord. I never met anyone who could express how much the Lord love all of us more than Phil Busbee.

Phil touched my life the day I walked into First Baptist Church of San Francisco over 6 six years ago. I heard him preach on coming home and realized the Lord was calling me back to His self. And my story isn't the only one...Phil touched a countless number lives. Young and I had the pleasure of becoming close friends of Phil and his family, Claudia, Alexis & Ashley. We were in the same home bible study group for several years, sharing our most deepest fears, struggles and joys. We also spend a number of holidays and special occasions together because the Busbees are truly our family here in San Francisco.

I have to be selfish and say my fondest memory of Phil is our wedding day. I remember him smiling the whole ceremony. He chose just the right words to bless Young and I in our lives together and prayed a most intimate prayer for us as we took communion in private.

Here are a few photos of Phil over the years we were blessed to call him friend.
Phil had such amazing blessings for us on our wedding day.


This was Christmas 07' at our house...and our bible study group taking a night out at the ballpark.

We love you Phil, you will truly be missed.

No comments: