Monday, June 22, 2009

'round and 'round

I have to say I am learning so much about babies by having two of my own. I know that sound so corny but it's really true. I'm not much for reading the child development books or parenting books out there so a lot of what the kids do is a total surprise to me. I had no idea most of the simple skills in life are actually a learn skill. Like learning to pull a toy behind you or learning how to reach into a bag to get a cracker out. Turns out, learning how to turn yourself around is no different. I didn't occur to me that the kids didn't know how to turn around until I saw Timothy doing it the other day...and working really hard at planting his feet to spin his body around. It was so funny and adorable to watch him go around and around and then get dizzy...totally cracking himself up. Well, Cameron picked it up a few days later and here she is practicing. (I didn't have my camera when Timo was doing it, sorry baby boy) Cameron isn't as swift at Timo is but she'll get the hang of it.

No comments: