Thursday, July 23, 2009

Roseola

How can a virus with such a sweet name reek such havoc on a little baby?? Cameron started with a high fever (102) on Sunday night and it continued until Wednesday morning at which point I took her to the doctor. She had no other signs of sickness, just this unexplained fever that wouldn't go away. The doctor suspected she had roseloa and wanted to wait a day to see if the fever would break before running all sorts of blood test. She told me to be on the lookout for a rash to start. Sure enough, her fever broke a few hours later and by bedtime she was getting red bumps on her chest. This morning when she woke she was covered in this rosey rash all over her body.

The fever was horrible! She was so hot, so red and shaking will chills most of the time. All she wanted was to be held constantly, which Timo hasn't liked one bit, and sleep a lot..our poor little baby. She also lost her appetite and lost a few ounces, uhg! But as bad as the fever was...the rash is worse!! The doctor told me she would be somewhat fussy and want to held a lot but that's an understatement with Cameron. She was up at least half the night last night crying, was fussy all morning and cried for 3hour after she woke from her nap today. It doesn't seem like she is in pain, just really sensitive. The moment Timo comes too close to her she freaks out or if I put her down to go pee she will scream or if I tell her no, no for whatever reason, like pulling my hair, she will have a complete meltdown.

I talked to one of my friends tonight, her daughter also had roseola, and she said her daughter wanted to be held constantly. Her daughter had just learned how to walk when she go the virus but by the time it was all over she had forgotten how to walk, she got held so much. The only downer about my situation is having two babies at once. Timothy is in desperate need of attention right now, he is acting out way more than normal. He gets so upset and just wants have mommy to himself. So tonight when Young got home he took Cameron for a bit and I got some good Timo time in with my baby boy.

No comments: