Thursday, July 2, 2009

Wet Mess!

Our Korean Mom's groups met at a park the other day that I had been to several times with the kids...but we typically stayed in the sandbox area or by the swings. This time the group moved over toward the play structure because some of the kids are around 2years old and obviously need more entertainment than a sand box can provide. I let Timo go over with one of the other moms while I chased Cameron down to bring her over. When I got over there I found Timo soaking wet, splashing around in the sand and water area!! I had no idea there was even a sand and water area at the park. Sure enough, there is this little area that is almost like a beach area...kids are in bathing suits playing in the water, building sand castles out of wet sand and splashing around in the little waterfall. Ugh!!

I immediately took his soaking wet shoes and socks off, rolled up his pants and tried to take his long sleeve shirt off but he was just way too active and wet. So...what are you gonna do...I just let him play. He even "borrowed" another little boy's truck to get even dirtier. Luckily Cameron is such a priss...she didn't even like getting her shoes wet.

Then my thoughts went to "oh my goodness, the one time I don't bring a change of clothes for them!" All I had was extra oneies and extra socks in my bag so that's all he had to wear. I changed his diaper, put the new oneie on, new socks and threw his jacket on him to let him run around like that while we had our picnic lunch. Everyone was laughing at him running around in his socks with no pants on...luckily is was warm outside!
I learned several things from this experience...I need a new, bigger diaper bag that will hold a full change of clothes for both, throw an extra towel in your car for whatever might come up and people really don't care how your child is dressed...as long as he is running around with a big smile on his face!

No comments: