Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Clean Plate Club


I think the kids are going through some kind of growth spurt because they are eating everything in sight! Cameron especially, which is good thing for her. And even though they usually eat most of what I make for them, rarely do they clean their plates...unless is hamburgers and mashed potatoes! I tried a suggestion from a friend of mine of pureeing some kale and mixing it into mashed potatoes. After I cooked the hamburgers I made a little gravy (on Cameron's high calorie list), mixed it with the potatoes and they never knew the difference. Timo actually abandoned his spoon at one point and just shovled the potatoes in. The funny part was I didn't have any extras to give them...I had just made a little of every thing because I wasn't sure how it was going to go over. So they got a nice dessert of bananas and whip cream!

1 comment:

Mira said...

So yours eat hamburgers? What do you do to the meat because mine are not big fans of ground beef so far. Chicken is it. Do you make patties? And what is the gravy recipe? Just from the ground beef juice? Email when you have a chance, no rush. I'm just desperate for food ideas.