Thursday, August 27, 2009

Skype!

I don't want to harp on Young being out of town but I'm so surprised on how the kids have missed him. He travels quite a bit with work but is usually only gone a day or two...three days max. And he hasn't traveled in about 6 weeks so I guess during that time period the kids have developed enough to notice Daddy not being around. Typically they only really notice when someone is right in front of them.

Anyway, we decided to Skype last night so the kids could see and talk to Daddy. We've have used Skype before with most of my side of the family in North Carolina but I think the kids thought it more entertainment that a connection with the person they were seeing. But last night they were so excited to see Young on the screen. Cameron was jumping up and down, clapping while Timo just kept saying "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy" over and over. Young sang a song for them, made funny faces and got kisses from both. Eventually Timo just couldn't resist trying to press all the keys on the keyboard so we had to end the call.
Here is a short video of Cameron singing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star to Young. I use the work "sing" loosly because only I know she is actually singing. You can somewhat make out the "twinkle, twinkle" and see her head swaying back and forth.

No comments: