Monday, August 3, 2009

Snack Traps!

I've been wanting to do a post for a while about the best baby invention ever!!!! The Snack Trap!

These have to be the one indispensable item I have for the kids (aside from diapers and pacifiers) and is the source of so much happiness for them. Before these little traps, I was constantly handing the kids snacks, piece by piece, or having to put them in their chairs just so they wouldn't make a mess all over the house. Now car rides are smoother, the living room is cleaning, stroller rides are almost a breeze...all the while, the kids feel like they are in charge and independent. I don't leave the house without them!

I have two sets of them...one for dry cereal and one more more messy snack. In the mornings they each get a trap of cheerios while I get their breakfast going and get the day started. Saves a lot of whining and grabbing at my legs at 7:30am. Their 10am snack is usually fruit so now days I fill it with grapes, blueberries, diced apple, etc (this would be the messy snack). Afternoon snacks are crackers, chex, rice cakes, goldfish...you get the picture. I can also so more heavy "snacks/lunch" like cut hot dogs and cheese in them for long car rides.

morning cheerios in the closet!

The possibilities are endless. The only draw back is sometimes I can't find where the kids leave them. Because they run all over the house eating, I find them in the strangest places! And sometimes I find more than just snacks in them...those crazy kids!

1 comment:

Mira said...

I have two of these, much less successful with them. i suppose I'll have to try again. Because the mess that is snack time all over my couch is so frustrating! Hmm. I'll try again. You've inspired me.