Sunday, April 18, 2010

Daddy's Big Adventure without Mom - Muir Woods

So I've been meaning to post this for a while. Being the great husband that I am, I realized that Sara was in desperate need of a much needed break. So I told her to pack up and head down to sunny San Diego for the weekend. My treat. Coincidentally the weekend was also a good friend's baby shower.

So I was in charge of the monkeys. Would they be okay? Would they survive without mom? Would dad survive without mom? The plan was to keep them busy and on-the-go; too busy to know something was amiss.

Early morning, we got ready and headed north of San Francisco to the Muir Woods. It's been a while since I've been there and of course the kids' first time. The drive was a breeze as it was early in the morning and so was parking.

As soon as we entered the park, Timo and Cameron were so amazed they started running down the walkway. There were so many new things for them to see. They loved running over a bridge and couldn't stop pointing and shouting; too bad dad isn't as well versed as mom in toddler talk.



We walked on the path along the stream for a while until they realized they could pick up stones and throw them into the stream... 30 minutes later, we were still throwing rocks into the stream. Had to bribe them with snacks to finally get them moving.

After snacks, we hung out at the main entry way for a very very very long time as the kids went up and down and up and down and up and down these wooden stairs. 30 minutes later... and some Japanese tourists taking pictures of Timo and Cameron (like I didn't notice them), I was finally able to herd the cats to the car and back home.

We didn't get to see all that the park had to offer and can't wait to go back... with mom next time.

No comments: