Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Visiting An Old (young) Friend

I love how, after not seeing a friend for 10+ years, you can fall right back into your friendship like no time has passed at all! One of my best friends from high school moved to Monterey last year and we just got together for the first time a few days ago. Melanie and I were joined at the hip most of our junior/senior year, both running cross country, track and playing in the marching band.

After collage I had trouble keeping in touch with her because she and her husband joined the army and were moving all around the country. We caught up at our 10 high school reunion but lost track again. They have been stationed in Monterey for the next year which makes her only 2hr away! This past week her husband was out of town and so was Young...so we thought it was a great time to get together. She has 3 children, 2 in school, so I loaded up the twins and headed down to her.

We took the kids to the Children's Museum the first day and they loved it. The kids just played and played while Mel and I got a chance to catch up. These are a few pics from their time there but that's all the pictures I have of the whole visit. Once we got back to her house that day and the twins met her other children (Zach, 11 & Ally, 9) we didn't see them much...it's so nice that the twins are old enough to play with all age groups now!

Timo loved this ambulance. It was all I could do to get him away from it so he could see other parts of the museum. At one point, all three kids were playing together in the boat area and I turned around and didn't see Timo anywhere. The first place I went to look was the ambulance and there he was...

They kids really liked the farm area. I think I have some future farmers on my hands (I hope). They were loading up the "fruit" in baskets and sorting it like pros. Cameron knew what to do picking the veggies in the garden and Timo was right at home on the tractor...


Are you sensing a theme yet...Anything with tires and a steering wheel...
We finally wrapped up our time with a few rounds of golf...the kids were much better farmers than golfers...

1 comment:

Leigh Anne said...

Very cool! Tell Mel I say, "Hi!" Wow...oldest is 11...we've got a long way to go, baby! haha I guess we could have a graduating senior like Anita. Time does fly! I look forward to seeing you in June. I think I'm free most of the dates you're here, though I need to confirm my niece won't be in DC on a trip she's taking this summer. Would you want to try to coordinate to see Debbie and her kids at the same time (though with them in school and her working they may only be available in the evening)? I can be flexible on time and location. You can let me know what you think via Jon's FB email if you like.